Presenter Information — Posters
Poster Presentation Guidelines
Please keep in mind that the purpose of presenting a poster is to outline your work for discussion. Therefore, poster presenters are required to attend their poster and be available for questions during their assigned poster session (see schedule below). Please prepare your poster to communicate the main points of your work to stimulate discussion with your viewers.
- The display area is 8 feet wide by 4 feet high. Each poster board will be marked with an abstract number. Please mount your poster on the poster board labeled with your assigned abstract number.
- Include your conflict of interest disclosure on your poster. If you have nothing to disclose, include the following sentence: I, or an immediate family member, including spouse or partner, have no financial relationship(s) relevant to the content of this CME activity. For more information see the Faculty Disclosure Statement.
- Push pins will be provided to mount your poster to the poster board!
- Poster presentations should be simple and to the point. Use a minimum amount of clear text. Avoid jargon.
- Make sure the poster is easy to read. Use large, BOLD fonts. Text color should highly contrast the background color for legibility for all attendees including those who are colorblind.
- Include section headings to direct the reader’s attention.
- Catch your reader’s attention with accent colors for contrast and to highlight main points.
- Use borders or white space to separate sections and increase legibility.
- Use simple figures (graphs, charts, illustrations and photographs) to illustrate your point. Make sure to include captions!
- Summarize your results/findings with bullet points.
Poster Session Schedule
Poster Session 1
Poster Session 2
|Thursday, 14 February 2013||2:00 – 6:00 pm||Set Up*|
|Friday, 15 February 2013||8:00 am – 4:15 pm||Available for Viewing|
|3:15 – 4:15 pm||Author Attended Session|
|4:15 – 6:00 pm||Removal**||Set Up**|
|Saturday, 16 February 2013||8:00 am – 4:00 pm||Available for Viewing|
|10:00 am – 11:00 am||Author Attended Session|
|4:00 pm – 6:30 pm||Removal|
* Session 1 posters must be set-up for display no later than 8:00 am on Friday.
** Note: Because removal and set up occur in the same timeframe, if there
is a Session 1 poster still displayed on your assigned poster board, please
carefully remove and roll the poster, placing it under the board for collection.
Any poster left after the allotted removal hours will be kept at the Registration
Desk for pick up and disposed of at the conclusion of the conference.
Session 2 posters must be set-up for display no later than 8:00 am on Saturday.